Are you growing restless with all this snow and looking for a gardening project? Terrariums, enclosed glass containers ideal for growing plants indoors, have become a little slice of heaven for gardeners stuck inside for winter.
- Start by finding a beautiful glass container that blends well with your indoor decor.
- Small gravel or stones provide a crucial base-layer to allow for drainage in the bottom of the container. Add some charcoal, then a coffee filter to prevent soil from washing to the bottom.
- Next, add the soil. We recommend either desert sand or potting soil that contains peat moss.
- Then comes the plants! Choose plants that suit your tastes and design. Small plants are readily available. Small treasured artifacts can also be incorporated.
- Watering with a turkey baster works well. Place your terrarium in a bright area and enjoy.
We are very pleased to help or suggest design ideas for your project. Stop in and see all of our terrariums on display, then create your own individual design. Of course, we can help or do it for you!
P.S. Did you know that a raisin dropped in a glass of champagne will bounce up and down from the bottom of the glass to the top? You could get dizzy just watching.