Have a few extra herbs this season? Make herbal teas! They are tasty and good for you. Start by steeping 3 teaspoons of fresh herbs in one cup of boiling water for five or ten minutes. The longer you steep, the stronger the tea. After that, just strain and drink!
Unique Benefits of Herbal Brews:
- Basil tea is good for respiratory ailments.
- Lavender tea wards off depression and helps you sleep.
- Mint tea aids digestion.
- Oregano tea helps reduce fevers, alleviate cold symptoms and avoid sea sickness.
- Parsley tea helps detoxify kidneys.
- Sage tea relieves sore throats and aids digestion.
- Chewing parsley can relieve bad breath and is rich in minerals and vitamins.
You worked hard to grow these herbs this season, so don’t just let them freeze this fall. Keep a few potted, and bring them inside to place at your kitchen window to grow all winter. You can also dry them in the microwave and store them in jars too!
Enjoy your tea!
P.S. It’s healthy to bring home a few houseplants! They add oxygen to the indoor air you breathe, add color to your décor and make you happy too!